From Denny: This is an excerpt from this week's Cheeky Quote Day over at The Social Poets, enjoy! :)
When I think of the scrappy high-spirited Irish every Saint Paddy's Day I often think of how clever they have been over the centuries with the spoken word - like cheeky Oscar Wilde. They certainly knew hardship and irony and yet could always scrounge up a clever retort or biting sarcasm when the occasion warranted it. So, here's to you, my Irish friends around the world, a dedication of a few sarcastic one liners and other word fun to give you a grin. Lift a glass of green beer and toast the fun of word banter!
* If you are grouchy, irritable, annoying, or just plain mean, there will be a $10 charge given to those who have to put up with you. - Anonymous
* One out of four people in this country is mentally unbalanced. Think of your three closes friends; if they seem OK, then you're the one. - Ann Landers
* I started out with nothing and still have most of it left. - Anonymous
* I pretend to work. They pretend to pay me. - Anonymous
* Does your train of thought have a caboose? - Anonymous
* Suburbia: where they tear out the trees and then name streets after them. - Anonymous
* Chaos, panic, & disorder - my work here is done.
*** ALSO: St. Patricks Day Funnies and History - Cheeky Quote Day 10 Mar 2010
Funny Sarcastic Sayings for St. Patricks Day - Cheeky Quote Day 17 Mar 2010
*** THANKS for visiting, come back often, feel welcome to drop a comment or opinion, a big shout out to awesome current subscribers – and if you are new to this blog, please subscribe in a reader or by email updates!