Wednesday, December 30, 2009
Funny New Years Quotes
From Denny: Here's a fun sampling of the funny quotes and more I posted about New Year's. For the full post, check out The Social Poets blog: Funny New Years Quotes, Smarter New Years Resolution Tips - Cheeky Quote Day! 29 Dec 2009.
New Years Quotes
* Youth is when you're allowed to stay up late on New Year's Eve. Middle age is when you're forced to. - Bill Vaughan
* The proper behavior all through the holiday season is to be drunk. This drunkenness culminates on New Year's Eve, when you get so drunk you kiss the person you're married to. - P. J. O'Rourke
* An optimist stays up until midnight to see the New Year in. A pessimist stays up to make sure the old year leaves. - Bill Vaughan
* May all your troubles last as long as your New Year's resolutions! - Joey Adams
* New Year's Eve, where auld acquaintance be forgot! Unless, of course, those tests come back positive. - Jay Leno
New Year's Poem
Happy New Year!!
A New Years toast to love and laughter
and happily ever after
A health to you, a wealth to you,
And the best that life can give to you.
Dance as if no one were watching,
Sing as if no one were listening and
Live every day as if it were your last. - Anonymous
Funny New Year's Resolutions
* But can one still make resolutions when one is over forty? I live according to twenty-year old habits. - Andre Gide
* Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each New Year find you a better man. - Benjamin Franklin
* Your Merry Christmas may depend on what others do for you. But your Happy New Year depends on what you do for others. - Anonymous
*** For the full post, check out The Social Poets blog, Funny New Years Quotes, Smarter New Years Resolution Tips - Cheeky Quote Day! 29 Dec 2009.
*** ALSO: Rare Blue Moon Shines on New Years Eve, Origin of 6 Meanings
8 Easy Yummy New Years Recipes to Warm Your Guests
Fun Kid Recipes, Activities Keep Them Busy For Holidays
*** THANKS for visiting!