Monday, September 21, 2009
Recipe: Chocolate Peanut Butter Nirvana Cake
From Denny: While I must admit the title had me curious, I just had to take a look at this delightful recipe over at the Jif site - and then laugh. Someone really knew what they were doing by giving it this title with the idea of dessert nirvana! :)
What are its awesome ingredients? Chocolate pudding, chocolate chips, Devils Food Cake and peanut butter are the winners combined to create dessert nirvana.
You might want to try out this easy recipe as a trial baking run before the holidays begin. After all, we do need to make sure it really is that good, right?! :) And practice makes perfect...
Chocolate Peanut Butter Nirvana Cake
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 55 min
• Crisco® Flour No-Stick Spray
• 1 (18.25 oz.) box Pillsbury® Devils Food Cake
• 1/2 cup Crisco® Pure Vegetable Oil
• 1 1/4 cups water
• 4 large eggs
• 1 (3.9 oz.) package instant chocolate pudding and pie filling mix
• 2 cups (12 oz. pkg.) semi-sweet chocolate chips
• 1/2 cup Pillsbury® Whipped Supreme® Vanilla Frosting
• 1/2 cup Jif® Creamy Peanut Butter
• 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
• 1/2 cup milk
• Chocolate curls or shavings for garnish (optional)
1. HEAT oven to 350°F. Spray a 12-cup fluted pan with flour no-stick cooking spray.
2. COMBINE cake mix, oil, water, eggs and pudding mix in a large bowl with an electric mixer at low speed until moistened. Beat 2 minutes at medium speed. Stir in chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan.
3. BAKE 50 to 55 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool in pan 20 minutes. Invert onto serving plate. Cool completely.
4. BEAT frosting, peanut butter, almond extract and milk in medium bowl with electric mixer until well combined. Spoon frosting over cooled cake. Garnish with chocolate shavings, if desired.